[GAP Forum] Algebras

R.N. Tsai r_n_tsai at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 29 22:49:55 GMT 2014

Dear Max and forum,

> If you want to work in these algebras, you don't want to compute a quotient.
> Rather, you want to be able to compute normal forms of elements,

You're absolutely right; this is all I needed. I didn't know GBNP had it already.

> NormalFormMod := x -> NP2GP(StrongNormalFormNP(GP2NP(x), G), A);

Very helpful...everything is working beautifully now for both weyl and cliford
algebras...it's also fairly fast.

How do I add GBNP to the list of packages that get loaded automatically?
I couldn't figure that out from the gap manual.

Thanks,
R.N.