[GAP Forum] The command "IsIdentical" can not work.

Alexander Konovalov alexk at mcs.st-andrews.ac.uk
Thu Dec 19 20:27:35 GMT 2013

P.S. I've just checked what google returns for "IsIdentical( 1, 1 );"
and the 1st hit is http://www.gap-system.org/Gap3/Manual3/C027S010.htm
and at the bottom of the page it is stated that this is GAP 3.4.4, April 1997
so this is likely where the question comes from.

You might be interested to look at http://www.gap-system.org/Faq/faq.html#3.2
"Where do I find a manual?" from GAP F.A.Q. The manual is supplied with
the system, and is a part of your installation. You may search in it very
efficiently from the GAP command line. Try, for example, to enter

?SetHelpViewer

to see how this works and to read about further customisation dependently
on which format you'd prefer.

Hope this helps
Alexander