[GAP Forum] Heisenberg group from the Polycyclic package

Ha T. Lam hatlam at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 22:52:15 GMT 2013

Dear GAP forum,

I'm doing some computations with Heisenberg group and I'm using the method
HeisenbergPcpGroup(n) from the Polycyclic package. According to the manual,
I should get a Heisenberg group of 2n generators with Hirsch length 3n. I
do:

gap> HeisenbergPcpGroup(3);
Pcp-group with orders [ 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 ]

The Hirsch length here is 7, not 9. Is this a mistake in the manual? Can
you give me some reference of how these groups are generated by this
package?

Thank you for your help.

Ha T. Lam