[GAP Forum] Workshop on Computational Universal Algebra

William DeMeo williamdemeo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 20:45:13 BST 2013

Dear Forum,

I realize it is short notice, but perhaps some people on the GAP forum
might be interested in the workshop described below.

I apologize to anyone who is receiving this notice more than once.

Sincerely,
William

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to invite you to a

    Workshop on Computational Universal Algebra.

This one day workshop will be held on Friday, October 4 (the day
before the AMS Southeastern Sectional Meeting), at the University of
Louisville, from 9:30am to 6pm.

Featured Speakers

Ralph Freese (University of Hawaii) -- Using the UACalc.
Alexander Hulpke (Colorado State University) -- Finding Subgroups.
Peter Jipsen (Chapman University) -- Finite ordered algebraic structures.
Matthew Valeriote (McMaster University) -- Testing for certain
idempotent Maltsev conditions.

The aim of the workshop is to give researchers and graduate students
an opportunity to spend some time with and learn from experts in
computing for algebra research.

The schedule of talks and other details can be found at the workshop
website, but here is the essential information for your reference:

Title: Workshop on Computational Universal Algebra