[GAP Forum] Elementary abelian p-subgroups

Mathieu Dutour mathieu.dutour at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 13:04:45 BST 2013

Well, I think that this can be programmed easily:
1> we simply need to consider one Sylow p-group.

2> the ConjugacyClassesSubgroups is an iterative algorithm
starting from a small group and expanding it. Maybe we can
adapt by starting with conjugacy classes in G of order p
and adding commuting elements.

The real challenge, I would say is whether or not the full
list of elementary p-subgroup is stored in memory. If yes,
then memory will be limiting. If not, then the difficulty will be
in programming with only the knowledge of the conjugacy
classes.

  Mathieu