[GAP Forum] Order of elements in a group and their statistics

muhammad shah shahmaths_problem at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 13 07:40:07 BST 2013

Dear Stefanos,
Imitating and modifying a function "orderFrequency" of  Alexander Hulpke,
your function of spectrum should be as follows.
spectrum:= function(g)
local h,w;
w:= [];
w:= h -> Set(Elements(h), Order);
return w(g);
end;
See also the following application of the function
gap> s3:=SymmetricGroup(IsPermGroup,3);
Sym( [ 1 .. 3 ] )
gap> s7:=SymmetricGroup(IsPermGroup,7);
Sym( [ 1 .. 7 ] )