[GAP Forum] A problem to generate output within a loop

Katie Nilsson katie.nil85 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 00:43:03 BST 2013

Hi,
I want to list the following information for all non-abelian group of order
24. I want their structure, conjugacy classes, orders of the elements of
the conjugacy classes and irreduicble characters.
I wrote this program, but it is not working! the loop create nothing!!!

l := AllSmallGroups(24);;  List(l,StructureDescription);; A:=Filtered(l,
x->IsAbelian(x)=false);

Length(A);

for i in [1..Length(A)]  do

A[i];

Cl:=ConjugacyClasses(A[i]);

RCl:=List(Cl, x->Representative(x));

Ocl:=List(RCl, x->Order(x));

irr:=Irr(A[i]);
od;

Can someone tell me what's wrong? and how can i do it?
to me seems for loop just can run from start to end and at the end can
store the result of the last loop!

thanks
Katie