[GAP Forum] International Workshop "Parallel programming in GAP"

Alexander Konovalov alexk at mcs.st-andrews.ac.uk
Mon May 27 10:19:15 BST 2013

This is a reminder that registration deadlines are July 15th 2013
for the full registration, and August 5th 2013 if you don't need
an accommodation. Apologies if you receive this more than once.

* * *

International Workshop "Parallel programming in GAP"

August 18th-24th, 2013, University of St Andrews, Scotland

http://www.gap-system.org/hpcgap2013/

The workshop is organised by the Centre of Interdisciplinary
Research in Computational Algebra of the University of St Andrews.
It is supported by the EPSRC project "HPC-GAP: High Performance
Computational Algebra and Discrete Mathematics":

	http://www-circa.mcs.st-and.ac.uk/hpcgap.php

In this project we are reengineering the GAP system to take
advantage of computer architectures suitable for parallel
computations. The workshop is organised to present the results
of the project to the GAP community, and we invite everyone who
is interested in parallel programming in GAP. Developers of GAP
and authors of GAP packages are particularly welcome, since your
contribution will be important to eventually transform the HPC-GAP
version of the system into the next mainstream release.

The workshop will comprise of lectures and tutorials given by
the participants of the HPC-GAP project, and case studies sessions
where we intend to look at some particular GAP packages and
estimate main tasks needed to adapt them to HPC-GAP. We plan
to allow enough time to work in small groups and have informal
discussions about HPC-GAP and GAP development in general.

Schedule:

- August 18th (Sunday): Arrival day
- August 19th-23th (Monday-Friday): Workshop
- August 24th (Saturday): Departure day

Registration and accommodation:

The organisers will provide a limited number of B&B places in McIntosh
Hall <http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/accommodation/ug/residences/mcintosh/>.
These will be provided free of charge and will be allocated on a first
come - first served basis, so early registration is advised. If there
will be larger demand for accommodation, we will help you to find another
place to stay and will partially contribute towards the costs of your
accommodation. We regret that there is no support available for daily
expenses and travel.

To register, please send your contact details to organisers by email to

	hpcgap2013 at gap-system.org

Deadlines:

- for the full registration: July 15th 2013
- for the non-residential registration: August 5th 2013

Organisers:
- Steve Linton
- Reimer Behrends
- Vladimir Janjic