[GAP Forum] Reading strongly regular graphs into GAP

Robert Bailey robert.bailey at ryerson.ca
Fri Mar 22 18:24:10 GMT 2013

Dear Forum,

This is perhaps not strictly a GAP question, but anyway....

I've been working on some computations in GAP (using the GRAPE and other
packages), testing certain properties of distance-regular and strongly
regular graphs.  (I can go into more detail if necessary--but the
SetOrbit package of Pech and Reichard has been especially useful.)

There is an online catalogue of strongly regular graphs on Ted Spence's
webpage:
http://www.maths.gla.ac.uk/~es/srgraphs.php

The graphs are given by their adjacency matrices; however, as given
these matrices are not immediately readable by GAP.  Does anyone know of
an easy way to convert them into the right format (i.e. adding the
commas and brackets)?  For cases where there are a small number of
graphs, I've been able to do search/replace in a text editor to add the
commas, then add the brackets manually---but this isn't really feasible
when there are 32,548 matrices of size 36x36.

Thanks,
Robert Bailey.

--
Dr. Robert Bailey