[GAP Forum] Diagonalize of symmetric matrix 248x248

Marek Mitros marek at mitros.org
Tue Jan 15 09:35:28 GMT 2013

Hello again,

I would like to thank you all the people who answered on my post.
Thanks to Gabrielle Nebe I was able to obtain orthogonal
representation of Th group. This makes me happy and I am able to
continue my research in this group.

My method was wrong. You do not need to look for eigenvectors of Gram
matrix in order to do orthogonalization. Prof. Nebe has sent me the
magic matrix using which I obtained orthogonal generators from the
linear ones present on lattice catalogue web page.

Best regards,
Marek Mitros