[GAP Forum] presentations of Lie algebras in GAP

Willem de Graaf degraaf at science.unitn.it
Wed Dec 19 06:19:57 GMT 2012

Dear Forum, Jianrong,

Currently there is no functionality in GAP for the problem that
you describe (getting a presentation of a given Lie algebra).
However, if the Lie algebra is finite dimensional one can take
as generators the elements of a basis, and the relations follow
from the multiplication table. It would, however, not be a very
interesting presentation.

Best wishes,

Willem de Graaf