[GAP Forum] GRAPE package: bicomponents wrt original vertices?

Frederic Vanhove fvanhove at cage.UGent.be
Mon Dec 17 12:18:31 GMT 2012

Dear forum,

I was considering graphs again, and I had another question about the
package GRAPE, in particular about the command "Bicomponents".

If I first do:

LoadPackage("grape");
trivialaction := function(x,g) return x; end;
n:=6;s:=[1000..1000+n-1];
graph:=Graph(Group(()), s, trivialaction, function(x,y) return (((x-y)
mod n) in [n-1,1]); end,true);

then the output of the following code:

Vertices(graph);Bicomponents(graph);

is:

[ [ 1, 3, 5 ], [ 2, 4, 6 ] ]

This is of course correct, but my original graph had vertices
[1000..1000+n-1], and I would like to have my bicomponents in terms of
those vertices.  Is that possible?

Thanks,
Frédéric