[GAP Forum] Problem installing GAP 4.5 using BOB

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Thu Oct 25 01:35:07 BST 2012

Dear Sandeep, Dear Forum,

On Oct 24, 2012, at 16:59 , Sandeep Murthy wrote:

> I am unable to install GAP 4.5 using BOB.
>
> I think I followed all the instructions on this page:
>
> http://www.cs.st-andrews.ac.uk/~neunhoef/Computer/Software/Gap/bob.html#installprereq
> .
>
> Firstly, I am running Mac OS X 10.8.2 on a new system, which did not have
> Xcode.  So I started by installing XCode, and then installing MacPorts.
> After
> this I downloaded bob-osx.dmg, and then ran that.  I then ran the 'bob'
> script,
> but I got the following output:

[snip]

> Any help or suggestions as to how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

Is it possible that you did not install the command-line tools?  With recent versions of Xcode, this is a separate step, done after Xcode installation is done.

Open Xcode Preferences, and select Downloads, and then the Components tab.  There should be a line for command line tools.  If it doesn't say downloaded/installed, click that line to start the installation.  Then rerun the Gap installation.

If you do have the tools installed, then I'm out of hunches.

HTH

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large
Institute for the Enhancement of the Director's Income