[GAP Forum] GAP 4.5.5 release

Alexander Konovalov alexk at mcs.st-andrews.ac.uk
Thu Sep 20 17:52:58 BST 2012

Dear Dr. Aitchison, dear GAP Forum,

Thank you for this question - yes, we do intend to announce
GAP 4.5.6, 4.5.7 etc. - in fact, I've just sent the announcement
to the GAP Forum, prompted by your question. What we may not
announce each time is when e.g. GAP 4.5.6 will be re-wrapped
with an updated selection of packages - these updates will be
only listed at http://www.gap-system.org/Releases/index.html

Please be aware that not all alternative distributions listed at
http://www.gap-system.org/Download/#alternatives may be updated
to GAP 4.5.6 simultaneously with making the new release publicly
available via the GAP website, though all their maintainers have
a commitment to update them within several days. These alternatives
normally have a way to figure out easily which version of GAP do
they offer.

Best wishes,
Alexander

--
Dr. Alexander Konovalov               School of Computer Science
& Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Computational Algebra