[GAP Forum] Finding the Sp(4,2)-orbits

Kashyap Rajeevsarathy kashyap at iiserb.ac.in
Tue Aug 21 08:27:00 BST 2012

Thanks for your response. I apologize for not accurately framing my
question. Here is the context in which I asked this question :

Let $x_i, y_i$ be the generators of $H = Z^4$.* I need to compute the
Sp(4,2)-orbits of $(x_1 \wedge y_1) ^{ \otimes 2}$ and ${(x_1 \wedge y_1)
 + (x_2 \wedge y_2)}^{\otimes2}$ with respect to the diagonal
Sp(4,2)-action on $\wedge^2 H \otimes \wedge ^2H$ (modulo 2)* (\otimes2
refers to the tensor squared and Z refers to ring of integers) .

I would greatly appreciate if you could guide me about the best possible
way to do this in GAP starting with how to do the following:

1. tensor products of modules
2. wedge products of modules
3. diagonal actions as the ones mentioned above
4. If this requires additional programming, what might be the best way to
go about it?
5. Also, could I make GAP display the elements in the orbits in some
convenient fashion (like x_1^2 + y_1^2 etc. ).
6. In general, is it possible to make GAP display vectors in the orbits of
matrix actions simply as vectors (say [1,1,1,0]  etc. ).

Thanks,
Kahsyap

--
Kashyap Rajeevsarathy