[GAP Forum] Codes for Unit Regular Semigroup

James Mitchell jdm3 at st-and.ac.uk
Thu Aug 16 15:39:20 BST 2012

Dear Shubh,

In GAP 4.4.12 (and in GAP 4.5) there is currently no function to check
that a monoid is unit regular. It is not surprising that the
IsUnitRegularSemigroup does not work, as this was not the name of a
function in GAP when you wrote your email. I have added a function
called IsUnitRegularSemigroup to the development version of the Citrus
package for GAP 4.5, and this will be available in the next release of
Citrus.

Regards,

James

On 17 May 2012 06:30, shubh at iitg.ernet.in <shubh at iitg.ernet.in> wrote:

> Dear Sir,
>
> I have been using GAP4, Version: 4.4.12. Please tell me, If there is any
> code for Unit Regular Semigroup in GAP. That means, can we give a code in
> GAP to tell whether a semigroup is Unit Regular or not.
>
> I tried with the code:
>
>> IsUnitRegularSemigroup(s); which is not working.
>
> I would be very grateful if you could help me with this query.
>

> With Regards,
> \-Shubh
>

> --
> Shubh N. Singh
> Research Scholar
> Department of Mathematics
> IIT Guwahati - 781039
> Email: shubh at iitg.ernet.in
> Mob. no.: +91-9864221370

James Mitchell
tinyurl.com/jdmitchell

The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland : No SC013532