[GAP Forum] GAP crashes when reading a syntax error

Nicholas Loughlin n.j.loughlin at newcastle.ac.uk
Tue Aug 7 13:36:41 BST 2012

Hi forum,

I tested this on my macbook (versioning below) and couldn't replicate the bug.
GAP4, Version: 4.4.12 of 17-Dec-2008, i686-apple-darwin9.6.0-gcc

Also couldn't replicate on my linux box, which runs Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS:
GAP4, Version: 4.4.12 of 17-Dec-2008, i486-pc-linux-gnu-i486-linux-gnu-gcc

The bug may be specific to later editions of ubuntu and/or GAP?

Hope this is helpful,
Nick Loughlin