[GAP Forum] Monoid Package help

James Mitchell jdm3 at st-and.ac.uk
Mon Jul 23 20:11:18 BST 2012

Dear Jitender Kumar,

Can you please explain what you mean by `see list or Sizes of
SemigroupHomomorphismByImagesOfGens'?
SemigroupHomomorphismByImagesOfGens(S, S, GeneratorsOfSemigroup(S)) returns
the identity homomorphism from the semigroup S to itself. I'm not sure what
the size of a homomorphism would be, or what you would expect to be
returned by List(J). If you can explain, then maybe I can answer.

In a separate note, the Monoid package has been replaces by the Citrus
package in GAP 4.5 and I strongly suggest that you use the latest version
of Citrus instead of Monoid.

Regards,

James

On 23 July 2012 06:51, jitender arora <jitender_sonu_123 at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> Dear All,
> I would like to know in gap package "monoid",how i can see list
>  or Sizes of SemigroupHomomorphismByImagesOfGens.I tried as follows:
>

> gap> S:=Semigroup( [ Transformation( [ 2, 4, 2, 4 ] ), Transformation( [
> 4, 3, 4,4 ] ) ] );; gap> gens:=[ Transformation( [ 2, 4, 2, 4 ] ),
> Transformation( [ 4, 3,
> 4,4])];;
> gap> S:=Semigroup(gens);;
> gap> J:=SemigroupHomomorphismByImagesOfGens(S, S,
> GeneratorsOfSemigroup(S));
> SemigroupHomomorphismByImagesOfGens ( <trans. semigroup of size 5 with 2
> generators>-><trans. semigroup of size 5 with 2 generators>)
>

> I tried Size(J); and List(J); Still i am not getting my answer.
>
> Please suggest me.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jitender Kumar,
> Research Scholar,
> Department of Mathematics,
> Indian Institute of Technology -Guwahati(India).

James Mitchell
tinyurl.com/jdmitchell

The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland : No
SC013532