[GAP Forum] re new GAP release

Alexander Konovalov alexander.konovalov at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 14:13:48 BST 2012

On 17 Jun 2012, at 16:29, Walter Becker wrote:

> Steve Linton has just announced the release of GAP version 4.5.
>
> Does anyone know if the new version will need a new version
> of MenuGAP to work with this newer version of GAP ?
>
> If yes does anyone know when such a new MenuGAP release
> might become available.

Dear Walter,

menuGAP is provided by Dan Symancyk independently on GAP releases.
He confirmed to us that he plans to upgrade menuGAP when he gets
more time, but it can not be promised when exactly this may happen.

I do not know if it will work if you will just plug GAP 4.5 into
it instead of GAP 4.4, or how many changes it will require to
update menuGAP for GAP 4.5.

Best regards,
Alexander