[GAP Forum] DotFileLatticeSubgroups function

Alexander Hulpke hulpke at math.colostate.edu
Thu May 24 16:38:35 BST 2012

Dear Forum, Dear Linda Cupples,

> The next best think I have found was a function called
> DotFileLatticeSubgroups which produced a diagram of the lattice in dot file
> form, In the book I found this function in it gave no reference to any
> required packages it just showed the use of the function.

I presume you are using my `Abstract Algebra with GAP' notes. When these were written I had expected that version 4.5 would have been released over a year ago. Alas it was not and therefore some of the functionality described is not yet available in the released version.

> I've been having trouble finding how to get this function to work, I have
> only been able to find one think online regarding it which was a file which
> you read in GAP called "latticdot.g" but reading this still gives the

I presume you mean the file available at:
http://www.math.colostate.edu/~hulpke/latticedot.g

I checked and indeed spotted that a line

DeclareGlobalFunction("DotFileLatticeSubgroups");

is missing at the start. I have updated the file and with this correction (or issuing this line before reading in) it should work now.

Apologies for the problem!

  Alexander Hulpke

-- Colorado State University, Department of Mathematics,
Weber Building, 1874 Campus Delivery, Fort Collins, CO 80523-1874, USA
email: hulpke at math.colostate.edu, Phone: ++1-970-4914288
http://www.math.colostate.edu/~hulpke