[GAP Forum] about the "Generalized Minimum Distance Decoding of Reed-Solomon Codes"

Joe Fields fieldsj1 at southernct.edu
Fri Apr 20 03:42:35 BST 2012

Dear Tam Van,

The source code for decoders for Reed-Solomon codes are available
either by the usual route of downloading the entire Guava package
(from http://www.southernct.edu/~fields/Guava/)
or, if you prefer, you can just look at the source on the web at
http://www.southernct.edu/~fields/Guava/lib/decoders.gi

Ordinary Reed-Solomon codes use a BCH decoding function and
generalized RS codes have two special decoders called
GeneralizedReedSolomonDecoder and
GeneralizedReedSolomonDecoderGao.
Just search for those function names in decoders.gi to
find the source.

Best wishes,
Joe Fields