[GAP Forum] "IsRationalNumber" as synonym for "IsRat"

kroeker kroeker at uni-math.gwdg.de
Thu Feb 23 13:55:17 GMT 2012

Dear Alexander, dear GAP forum,

it is ok to have short names but also consider that in software
engineering  it is known
that variable and function names should  be as descriptive as possible
(and at the same time not too long of course).

My intention is not to customize my personal use but to improve the
usability and code readability for everybody.
So I can't see any serious arguments against introducing the synonym
"IsRationalNumber" for now.

Best,

Jakob