[GAP Forum] GAP in teaching

Max Neunhoeffer neunhoef at mcs.st-and.ac.uk
Tue Feb 7 12:18:25 GMT 2012

Dear Forum,

I am collecting information about where and how GAP is used
in teaching mathematics or computer science. If GAP is
used in any way in teaching in your institution, I would
be very grateful if you could briefly answer the following
questions:

  In which institution and where are you working?

  For what courses or types of teaching is GAP used?

  At what mathematical level are these courses?

  How many students are taught in these courses?

  For how long (approximately) has GAP been used in this way?

  Is there any teaching material publicly available?

Do not spend much time on this, a few brief statements are
sufficient for our purposes.

Please send your answer to me personally rather than to the
forum, I will post an overview of the feedback I collect.

Best regards,
  Max Neunhoeffer

--
Max Neunhoeffer              http://www-groups.mcs.st-and.ac.uk/~neunhoef/
The University of St Andrews is a registered Scottish charity: No SC013532