[GAP Forum] Using package genss on Debian

Nicolas FRANCOIS nicolas.francois at free.fr
Tue Jan 3 06:13:28 GMT 2012

Le Tue, 3 Jan 2012 06:57:48 +0100,
Nicolas FRANCOIS <nicolas.francois at free.fr> a écrit :

> Le Tue, 3 Jan 2012 13:37:57 +0800,
> "Asst. Prof. Dmitrii (Dima) Pasechnik" <dima at ntu.edu.sg> a écrit :
>
> > Hi Nicolas,
> >
> > is /usr/share/gap/pkg/ actually the right directory?
> > (i.e., do you see there any other pkg's that you know work?)
> > Does package orb load OK?
> > Is is a dependency of genss, so one needs to sort it out first.
>
> gap> LoadPackage("orb");
> fail
>
> So no, it doesn't seem to be the right directory...
>
> How can I ask gap where it searches for its packages ?
>
> \bye

BTW, the commands here seem to fail :

gap> DirectoriesPackageLibrary("orb");
[  ]
gap> DirectoriesPackageLibrary("orb","pkg");
[  ]

Debian has gap's libraries (*.g{,i,d}) in /usr/share/gap/lib, but
there is a /usr/share/gap/pkg present.

Any clue ?

\bye

--

Nicolas FRANCOIS                      |  /\
http://nicolas.francois.free.fr       | |__|