[GAP Forum] Reg my doubt

Alexander Hulpke ahulpke at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 15:01:28 GMT 2011

Dear Forum,

On Dec 6, 2011, at 9:00 AM, srimathi at cmi.ac.in wrote:

> my doubt is...im taking this particular group ie.,(Z2 directproduct Z2
> directproduct Z2)*wreath product Z2.
> now i want the representation of this particular group...

Assuming you mean the irreducible representations, it is likely that the command `IrreducibleRepresentations' (as always, the manual will tell you more) will be of help. Also, in articular for larger groups, see the `repsn' package.

Note that in your current construction you form perm group wreath pc group. Often there are better methods available if both factors are of the same structure, i.e. both permutation group or both pc group.

Regards,

   Alexander Hulpke

-- Colorado State University, Department of Mathematics,
Weber Building, 1874 Campus Delivery, Fort Collins, CO 80523-1874, USA
email: hulpke at math.colostate.edu, Phone: ++1-970-4914288
http://www.math.colostate.edu/~hulpke