[GAP Forum] Constructing bilinear maps for matrix multiplication

Stefan Kohl stefan at mcs.st-and.ac.uk
Thu Nov 17 20:44:35 GMT 2011

On Thu, November 17, 2011 3:28 pm, Max Horn wrote:
> Am 17.11.2011 um 13:43 schrieb Stefan Kohl:
>> Regarding `IsAlgebraWithOne': the Is<something> operations check for membership
>> in GAP categories.
>
> (sorry for the nitpicking, but: this actually refers to* mathematical* categories; GAP
> categories are something different).

While this particular Is<something> operation refers indeed to a mathematical
category, as another example take e.g. `IsCopyable'. -- I would rather not want
to speculate about the mathematical meaning of a category of copyable objects ... .

Apart from this I did not want to write a novel about the distinction of the
various Is<something>'s at this point.

    Stefan