[GAP Forum] Reply: Help for debugging GAP

wangtao wangtao2010 at ict.ac.cn
Thu Oct 20 13:17:00 BST 2011

Dear, Prof.
  Thank you for your suggestions.
  I am afraid that I failed to describe the problem clearly last time.
  1. Compile GAP with loongcc.
  2. Test the GAP with Combinations([0]). The expected result is [[] [0]], but the actual result is [[] []].
    So the GAP compiled by loongcc fail on this test case.
  3. Then I want to debug GAP to figure out which instruction make the GAP fail.
  4. Although I am sure that EvFunccall is compiled improperly, I cannot make sure which instruction is improper. The difficulty for me is that EvFunccall is invoked so many times, I cannot make sure which one generates the error.

  So, I want to know the process of evaluation of the Combinations in GAP. Is there any design documents?
  Thank you again for your help.

  Best regards
  WangTao