[GAP Forum] Help for debugging GAP

wangtao wangtao2010 at ict.ac.cn
Wed Oct 19 03:56:09 BST 2011

Hi, all

  I am wangtao, a student of GUCAS from China and I am developing a compiler
for MIPS-like machine.

  I want to know some detail information of how GAP are debugging. For
example, the result of Combinations([0]) should be [] [0], but the result of
the executable GAP compiled by loongcc(the compiler we are developing) is []
[], thus, there is error in loongcc that generates improper instructions.
But I have no idea where to set the break point in GAP because I don't know
how Combinations([0]) is evaluated, namely, which gap function is called
firstly and which secondly, etc. I've read GAP user manual and find no
answer.

  Can anybody give me some help? You can show me the call stack when gap is
evaluating Combinations([0]) or give me some material about how gap is
design.

  Thank you very much.

Best regards

Wang Tao

Wang Tao

Compiler Team, National key laboratory of Computer Architecture

Institute of Computing technology, Chinese Academy of Science

Mail: Wangtao2010 at ict.ac.cn