between GAP, Singular, and many other packages, all in comfort of your
Python shell :)
But I might be biased.
Best,
Dima

On 28 September 2011 00:02, Max Horn <mhorn at tu-bs.de> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I was wondering what the "best" way (or just a "good" way) is for using Singular (and esp. the "letterplace" extension) from within my GAP code. I need to enter relations in a module, and then read the resulting Groebner basis back into GAP. I need to use different coefficient rings; and I will at times want to compute a GB, then add some more relations, compute a new GB, add some more relations etc. until the GB does not grow anymore.
>
> I am aware of the following possibilities, but can't compare them well, and maybe there are more.
>
> * the "singular" GAP package. However, this seems to be outdated and did not work well for me.
>
> * "homalg" seems to be able to interact with Singular, but I am not sure how generic this is
>
> * the SCSCP project looks highly promising for this, but I am not sure how well supported this is from the Singular side, nor could I find any further information on this.
>
> * lastly, I guess I could use the GAP "IO" package to try to directly control GAP.
>
>
> Any suggestions, recommendations, etc. would be highly welcome.
>
> Cheers,
> Max
> --
> Dr. Max Horn
> AG Algebra und Diskrete Mathematik
> Institut Computational Mathematics
> TU Braunschweig
> Pockelsstrasse 14, D-38106 Braunschweig
> Tel: (+49) 531 391-7526
> Fax: (+49) 531 391-7414
> Web: http://www.icm.tu-bs.de/~mhorn/
> Email: mhorn at tu-bs.de
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Forum mailing list
> Forum at mail.gap-system.org
> http://mail.gap-system.org/mailman/listinfo/forum
>

CONFIDENTIALITY: This email is intended solely for the person(s) named and may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it, notify us and do not copy, use, or disclose its content. Thank you.

Towards A Sustainable Earth: Print Only When Necessary

More information about the Forum mailing list