[GAP Forum] Query regarding the wedderga package

Neha Makhijani nehamakhijani at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 09:24:23 BST 2011

Hi,

I was willing to know the theory behind wedderga that helps me get
wedderburn decomposition of finite group algebras. In my attempt to search
out for the same, I was able to find a research paper by Osnel Broche and
Angel del Rio. But, it says that the paper is meant for
"Abelian-by-Supersolvable" groups.

Now, I am interested in doing the same for the alternating group A5 which is
not Abelian-by-Supersolvable. Could you please guide me as to how wedderga
gives me the decompostion for FA5(char F>5).

Regards,
Neha