[GAP Forum] Equivalent of Doxygen for GAP

Ivan Andrus darthandrus at gmail.com
Fri May 27 21:02:58 BST 2011

I have some gap files with functions that I have written.  They are not part of any package, nor I suspect will they ever be.  I would like to add some doxygen-style documentation and have it picked up by the GAP help system.  I have seen several gap files with documentation that looks something like:

##
#C  SomeFunction( arg1, ) . . .  . . . . . . . Short description
##
##  Some long documentation describing what it's meant to do,
##  limits, caveats, or whatever

I have looked at the GAPDoc package which I thought might be involved but it seems to be completely different.  I have been completely unable to find documentation for either the format (e.g. what does the C mean), or how to get it into GAP's help system.

What is the best/easiest way to deal with such doxygen-style documentation?

-Ivan