[GAP Forum] Computation of Character Table

Shunsuke Tsuchioka tshun at kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue May 24 10:56:43 BST 2011

Dear Alexander Hulpke,

Although the command "Q:=FactorCosetAction(P,u);" takes some time,
your method works fine and I could get the character table of "Pr".
Thank you very much for answering.
Your answer is both educational and instructive.

Best,
Shunsuke

P.S.
I could also get the character table of
PreImage(h,WreathProduct(Normalizer(SymmetricGroup(5),SylowSubgroup(SymmetricGroup(5),5)),SymmetricGroup(2)));
by your method. Thank you again.