[GAP Forum] projections of subgroups of product groups

William DeMeo williamdemeo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 11:02:02 BST 2011

P.P.S.  I see why Projection(S,1) shouldn't work for an arbitrary
subgroup S of a direct product, since projection is not generally a
group homomorphism, and projections of S will not generally be
subgroups of S.  Still, we should be able to compute projections, even
when S is not directly factorable, right?