[GAP Forum] syntax highlighting in vim

Keshav Rao Kini krkini at ntu.edu.sg
Sun Feb 13 14:14:02 GMT 2011

Another (perhaps easier) option is to provide a directory in the GAP distribution that can be directly included by adding, say, "set runtimepath+=/opt/gap4r4/vim/" to one's ~/.vimrc file. This is how for example GNU LilyPond does it.

-Keshav

Disclaimer: the boilerplate text at the foot of this email has been added automatically by my mail server. This was not done by my request (rather the opposite) so please disregard it.

2011/2/13 Bill Allombert <Bill.Allombert at math.u-bordeaux1.fr<mailto:Bill.Allombert at math.u-bordeaux1.fr>>
On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 09:40:56AM +0300, Robert Heffernan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anybody use Frank Lubeck's syntax highlighting file for vim when
> editing gap code?

I would suggest Frank to ask for his file to be included in the vim distribution.
This is how we do it for PARI/GP and this way vim users automatically have the file
gp.vim available, with the correct version.

Cheers,
Bill.