[GAP Forum] syntax highlighting in vim

Robert Heffernan bob.heffernan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 06:40:56 GMT 2011

Hi all,

Does anybody use Frank Lubeck's syntax highlighting file for vim when
editing gap code?

I have followed the instructions here:
http://www-gap.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/ForumArchive/Gamble.1/Greg.1/Re__Edit.1/1.html
and some things seem to work fine (automatic folding and completion)
but there does not seem to be any highlighting going on.  There are
certainly several lines in the gap.vim file that seem to intend to
change to colour etc. of various bits but it's not working.

Does anybody else have this problem?  Can anybody think of something
that I might be doing wrong?  Syntax highlighting works fine for other
things (latex, for instance) so I don't think it's something wrong
with my installation of vim.

Thank you,
Bob