[GAP Forum] control the execution time of a function

bolbita bolbita at laposte.net
Tue Jan 25 08:59:38 GMT 2011

Dear GAP Forum,

I have little experience with GAP, and I wonder how can we control the execution time of a function.
I dream about a function like
UnderTimeControl := function (f, arg, maxtime)
which would run the function f with arguments arg and a timer in parallel,
and would return the result of f(arg) whenever its execution time is less than maxtime and would return fail
otherwise.

Thank you very much in advance.

Georges.

Je crée ma boîte mail www.laposte.net