[GAP Forum] PL ball complexes with GAP

Igor Korepanov paloff at ya.ru
Mon Jan 10 13:56:58 GMT 2011

Perhaps it will be of use if I add here what "PL ball complex" means, just a quotation from Nikolai Mnev's paper arXiv:math/0609257v3 :

A PL-ball complex is a pair (X, U), where X is a compact Euclidean polyhedron and U is a covering of X by closed PL-balls such that the following axioms are satisfied:

plbc1: the relative interiors of balls from U form a partition of X.
plbc2: The boundary of each ball from U is a union of balls from U.

A PL-ball complex is defined up to PL-homeomorphism only by the combinatorics of adjunctions of its balls.

Igor