[GAP Forum] First Announcement:Workshop on "Finite Groups & Their Automorphisms" in Istanbul

Gulin Ercan ercan at metu.edu.tr
Fri Jan 7 09:25:42 GMT 2011

Dear All,

We would like to announce herewith a five-day workshop on "Finite
groups and their automorphisms"
which will take place in Istanbul at Boğaziçi University on 7-11 June 2011.

It aims to bring together leading mathematicians and active
researchers working on
the theory of groups in order to exchange ideas, present new results and
identify the key problems in the field.

The workshop is especially interested in and motivated by the
questions on the relationship
between a finite group and another one acted upon by the first,
although it is not to be considered the exclusive theme.

There will be seven mini-courses and some invited talks.
The speakers who have kindly accepted our invitation to give (a short
series of)lectures are:

Alan Camina, Martin I.Isaacs, Evgeny Khukhro, Charles Leedham-Green,
Attila Maroti, Nadia Mazza, Akos Seress, Aner Shalev and Said N.Sidki

There will be a limited number of slots available in the schedule for
contributed talks as well
and a poster session.

For details and registration please visit the workshop webpage
http://www.istanbulgroup.metu.edu.tr

We are looking forward to seeing you in Istanbul!!