[GAP Forum] Matrices that satisfy MM^T=I or MM^T=\lambda*I

Philippe Cara (minitower) pcara at vub.ac.be
Wed Dec 22 14:17:28 GMT 2010

Hello Katie,

You might be interested in the 'forms' package wich can be found in the
packages section of http://www.gap-system.org

Forms is a package, developed by John Bamberg and
Jan De Beule. It can be used for work with sesquilinear and quadratic
forms, objects that are used to describe polar spaces and classical
groups. The package also deals with the recognition of certain matrix
groups preserving a sesquilinear or quadratic form. The main features
of forms are its facility with creating sesquilinear and quadratic
forms via matrices and polynomials, and in changing forms (creation of
isometries).

Best regards,

Philippe Cara