[GAP Forum] Announcement of the Harlaxton Group Theory Conference 2011

Primoz Moravec primoz.moravec at fmf.uni-lj.si
Mon Oct 18 19:43:03 BST 2010

We are pleased to announce the second Group Theory Conference at
Harlaxton to be held August 1-5, 2011 at Harlaxton Manor, Grantham,
England.

The focus and format of this conference follows what is now known as
the Zassenhaus Conferences held in various locations in the United
States for the last fifty years.

Researchers and graduate students in all areas of group theory are
encouraged to give talks. As is often the case researchers in
different areas give new perspectives and ask fresh questions of those
presenting in different areas.

The conference website is at rfmorse.evansville.edu

We are pleased to be able to keep the costs of the conference low with
room, board, bus trip and banquet at $360 (205 BPS) per person for the
week. There are a couple of flats in the manor/carriage house for
families (which are welcome) and we have accommodations for couples.
August 1 is the arrival date with a welcome time in the evening along
with tours of the manor.  August 5 is the departure date.

The technical program will consist of 27 talks.

express your interest in the conference and let us know if you need a
letter of invitation or any other information.

We look forward to seeing you at Harlaxton in August.

Primož Moravec
Robert F. Morse

Conference organizers