[GAP Forum] "Crc mismatch"

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Mon Oct 4 16:41:08 BST 2010

On Oct 4, 2010, at 02:46 , Stephen Linton wrote:

> Looks like you're using a saved workspace from an earlier version of GAP. If so, that would explain the problem -- saved workspaces are NOT portable across GAP versions I'm afraid.

I had noticed earlier that GAP was complaining about the saved workspace.  I have recently upgraded from 10.5 to 10.6, and to the new default x86_64 (64-bit) architecture.  After fiddling around with this, I recreated the workspace (and the complaining stopped), so I believe this is not the current answer.

I tripped over the "Crc mismatch" problem after creating the new workspace.  I have since recreated the new workspace several times.

Is there something in this latest printout (or in the listing I sent support) that suggests that the workspace is actually out-of-date?

Thanks for your help.

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker