[GAP Forum] "Crc mismatch"

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Mon Oct 4 10:26:58 BST 2010

On Oct 3, 2010, at 19:10 , Joe Bohanon wrote:

> Try starting gap with the "-N" command, then run CreateCompletionFiles();
> quit and restart.

Well, well, well...I learn something new every day, it seems.  Occasionally, it even sticks.

I tried this, and got past the problem I reported, only to run into this one:

gap> Q:=QuaternionAlgebra(Rationals, -1, -1);
<algebra-with-one of dimension 4 over Rationals>
gap> T:=StructureConstantsTable(Basis(Q));
Error, Rebuild completion files! (Crc value of
"./lib/vspcrow.gi" does not match.) at
return LeftModuleByGenerators( LeftActingDomain( V ),
  List( gens, function ( v )
         return NiceVector( V, v );
     end ) );

I get this when I start GAP using this line:

GAP_MEM= /SandBox/Justin/sb/GAP/gap4r4/bin/gap.sh -L /SandBox/Justin/sb/GAP/Justin/MySpace -o 1024m $*

If I start GAP using the full path to the executable, with no arguments, I don't get the above error.

Curious.

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large