[GAP Forum] [GAP Support] SubAlgebraModule of an eigenvector of the algebra element?

Asst. Prof. Dmitrii (Dima) Pasechnik dima at ntu.edu.sg
Thu Aug 19 18:03:08 BST 2010

Dear Willem,
Thanks!
This is certainly better than adding elements of
Basis(M) with coefficients given by Basis(es)[1] that I had to put in my code...

[...]
> gap> W:= Rationals^4;
> gap> M:=LeftAlgebraModule(A,\*,W);
> gap> f:= LeftModuleHomomorphismByImages( W, M, Basis(W), Basis(M) );
> gap> V:=SubAlgebraModule(M,[Image( f, Basis(es)[1] )]);

Best,
Dima

CONFIDENTIALITY: This email is intended solely for the person(s) named and may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it, notify us and do not copy, use, or disclose its content. Thank you.

Towards A Sustainable Earth: Print Only When Necessary