[GAP Forum] Different TwoSquares algorithm for large input?

Stephen Linton sal at mcs.st-andrews.ac.uk
Mon Jul 26 09:27:29 BST 2010

How large are your inputs? For me the existing algorithms seems to work quite well for really quite large numbers, limited mainly by integer factorisation.
One obvious question is therefore: do you have the factint GAP package installed? It's part of the standard GAP distribution, but I don't know about SAGE.

You can check with the GAP command

InstalledPackageVersion("factint");

which will give a version number or "fail.

	Steve Linton