[GAP Forum] 2-cocycles for trivial actions

Vipul Naik vipul at math.uchicago.edu
Wed Jul 14 03:14:22 BST 2010

Dear GAP forum,

This is probably something short and simple but I am having difficulty
figuring it out. How do I calculate the group of 2-cocycles for the
trivial group action? Specifically, given finite groups G and A, with
A abelian, what's a short command or snippet of code that will output
the group of 2-cocycles for the trivial action of G on A?

I see that GAP has a TwoCocycles function, but I couldn't figure out
how to specify the trivial action if G and A are pre-specified.

Also, I am interested in actual 2-cocycles that can be treated as
functions, and not just in the second cohomology group.

Thank you,

Vipul Naik