[GAP Forum] Range of List Iteration

Sandeep Murthy srmurthy at brookes.ac.uk
Wed May 5 14:51:58 BST 2010

Thank you very much Max Horn, and Dr. Lübeck, for this
information.

I have two further questions:

1. Mac OS X 10.6.3 (Snow Leopard) is 64-bit ready, I believe.
So where can I obtain a 64 bit version of GAP?  I cannot find it
on the official GAP site.

2. The GAP manual doesn't explain very well how one understands
the output of profiling functions.  The output uses keywords, which seem
to refer to internal GAP functions, their number of calls etc., but could
someone please explain in greater detail how one understands the
output.  For example, what do self/ms and chld/ms refer to?  What do
the keyword InfoLevel and SHALLOW_COPY_OBJ refer to?

count  self/ms  chld/ms  function
 15029       16        8  IS_SSORT_LIST
 10656       23        4  InfoLevel
 14819       33        4  SSortedList
 21586       37        0  APPEND_LIST
 10446       36        7  AsSSortedList
 13531       40        3  IntersectSet
 23006       36        8  ADD_LIST
 14679       47        0  SHALLOW_COPY_OBJ
102626      157        0  LENGTH
 29072      147       35  Size
            619           TOTAL

Sincerely, Sandeep.