Tue May 4 16:49:35 BST 2010

Hello.

I am somewhat confused by the range of profiling functions
available on GAP.  I just want to see the profile of a specific
single function I've written.  Is the command 

DisplayProfile( funcs )

the right one for this?  Is funcs an array, or just the specific
single function of interest?

Anyway, I used ProfileOperations( true ), and then DisplayProfile()
after one run of my function, and that gives me the following results:

count  self/ms  chld/ms  function                                                                                                                                                                           
  15029       16        8  IS_SSORT_LIST                                                                                                                                                                      
  10656       23        4  InfoLevel                                                                                                                                                                          
  14819       33        4  SSortedList                                                                                                                                                                        
  21586       37        0  APPEND_LIST                                                                                                                                                                        
  10446       36        7  AsSSortedList                                                                                                                                                                      
  13531       40        3  IntersectSet                                                                                                                                                                       
  23006       36        8  ADD_LIST                                                                                                                                                                           
  14679       47        0  SHALLOW_COPY_OBJ                                                                                                                                                                   
 102626      157        0  LENGTH                                                                                                                                                                             
  29072      147       35  Size                                                                                                                                                                               
             619           TOTAL                

What do LENGTH, InfoLevel, and the other keywords like self/ms and chld/ms
refer to?

Sincerely, Sandeep.

More information about the Forum mailing list