[GAP Forum] GAP in teaching

Alexander Konovalov alexander.konovalov at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 23:39:32 BST 2010

P.S. Apologies for the wrong link - of course, the "Teaching" page address is

	http://www.gap-system.org/Doc/Teaching/teaching.html

and the link below refers to "Learning" page.

	Alexander

Dear Prof Borovik, dear GAP Forum,

Certainly, GAP has a great potential to be used in teaching abstract algebra. The GAP homepage has "Teaching" and "Learning" sections, and while "Learning" is more about learning the GAP system itself, the "Teaching" page

	http://www.gap-system.org/Doc/Learning/learning.html

refers to material accompanying courses given at various places. As you can see there, GAP has been used in lecture courses of various levels, both for providing examples and for creating teaching materials, in particular, generating sets of exercises. The selection of materials listed on this page is probably incomplete, but hopefully it will help to create an adequate opinion on the subject.

Hopefully more GAP Forum members having teaching materials not listed in the "Teaching" and "Learning" sections will respond to your request in the Forum, and thanks for those who has already replied. We will be happy to put relevant links on the GAP website.

Please do not hesitate to contact the GAP Group if you will be interested in further details about GAP.

Best regards,
Alexander