[GAP Forum] Help to compare Character values

pooja singla pooja at imsc.res.in
Tue Nov 17 16:32:28 GMT 2009

Dear Forum members,
    I am new to this forum and have not used Gap yet. I need your help in
answering the following question:

I am looking at representations of the following groups;

A = GL_2(Z/p^Z)  and B = GL_2(F_p[t]/t^2) , where p is a prime.

By some abstract theory, I know that these groups have same number of
conjugacy classes and irreducible representations. Is it possible to check
by using Gap that whether these groups have same character tables or not? if
answer is negative for which p?  For p =2 magma gives positive answer to
this question.

Regards,
Pooja.