[GAP Forum] representation of Finite Field's element

xiaolei zhang zhaxiaolei at gmail.com
Tue May 26 15:50:58 BST 2009

Thanks, this is just what I want. But Elements(F) doesn't work for me.

gap> Elements(F);
Error, no method found! For debugging hints type ?Recovery from
NoMethodFound
Error, no 3rd choice method found for `PrimitiveRoot' on 1 arguments called
fr\
om
PrimitiveRoot( F ) called from
Basis( V ) called from
AsSSortedList( coll ) called from
<function>( <arguments> ) called from read-eval-loop
Entering break read-eval-print loop ...
you can 'quit;' to quit to outer loop, or
you can 'return;' to continue

PrimitiveRoot don't work for F. My GAP version is:

GAP4, Version: 4.4.10 of 02-Oct-2007,
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc